Sunday, September 25, 2011

Flasher who was hit and taunted by grandmother found guilty

A grandmother hit a flasher with her handbag and taunted him with the words: ‘If you haven't got anything worth showing, don't show it at all.’ The 45-year-old was on her way to pick her granddaughter up from school when Ryan Briggs emerged from the bushes on a footpath in Dunstable, Bedfordshire and exposed himself to her.

She told a jury at Luton crown court: ‘I was two or three feet away. I noticed his genitalia. He was facing towards me. It was a shock. I swore at him. I said: "What the f...... hell do you think you are doing you dirty bastard?"' The grandmother said that after she told the man he had nothing worth showing he swore at her saying it was good enough for him.



Asked why she had made the remark she said: ‘I thought belittling him would make him cover up. I was so angry my granddaughter could have been there. I was shocked, emotional and angry.’ After swearing at him, she swung her handbag, hitting the flasher in the face. She went on to the school where she rang the police.

She later picked out Briggs as the flasher at a video identification parade, the jury of seven men and five women were told. Mr Briggs, 34, of Benning Avenue, Dunstable, denied one charge of exposure on January 19 this year, but was convicted by a jury. He will be sentenced on October 18.

1 comment:

Ratz said...

When people say "grandmother" somehow I think "little old lady" rather than foulmouthed 45 year old. But give her her due, it was probably the best result, short of dashing his tackle with chili sauce.