Sunday, September 04, 2011

Good Samaritans change stranded pregnant woman's flat tyre then drive off in her Porsche

A heavily pregnant woman has spoken of her disgust at heartless conmen who stole her luxury sports car and left her stranded on a country lane, moments after cooing over her unborn baby. Nine months’ pregnant Charlotte Baker, aged 28, said she feared the shock of the theft could have sent her into premature labour. Miss Baker had pulled over on a country road between Byfield and Boddington when she realised a tyre on her Porsche 911 had a puncture.

While trying to contact her boyfriend, two men in a white van stopped to offer her a hand and one began changing the tyre. But to Miss Baker’s disbelief, once he had finished he pushed past her, jumped into the front seat and drove off behind his friend in the white van. She was left alone and distressed at the side of the road until an elderly man stopped and offered her a lift.



Miss Baker said: “The shock is starting to fade but now I am just reeling. It’s absolutely disgusting, these men have no morals. They couldn’t have cared less about leaving me stranded on a quiet road, even when it was obvious I’m just weeks away from giving birth. Afterwards I was trying really hard to keep my feelings down because I didn’t want the stress and shock to send me into premature labour. I was panicking a lot and it was really quite frightening.”

She added: “When they first offered to help I thought, great, that’s really useful. There was nothing that alerted me to what was really going on until he got in the car. I was shouting at him ‘what are you doing?’ but it all happened so quickly. It’s shattered my confidence in people. I’m usually a trusting person but I feel like such an idiot for being conned like this. It’s disgraceful.”

No comments: