Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Apology to man fined £75 for brushing his dog

A man who was fined for brushing his dog's hair in a Nottingham park has had his punishment overturned. Roy Wyre was walking his dog Spencer in Harvey Hadden playing fields last Wednesday when he was stopped by a community protection officer.

The 66-year-old, from Bilborough, was questioned about a high-visibility uniform he was wearing and later fined £75 for leaving dog fur on the ground. The city council has issued an apology and cancelled the fine.



Mr Wyre said: "He (the CPO) said 'you're brushing your dog and it's litter'. I'd got in my pocket a bag (for dog waste) and I started to put it into that and took the fur home with me, but he still gave me the ticket.

"It was just ridiculous." An internal investigation into the incident has started, the council said.

1 comment:

arbroath said...

Mostly, yes.