Saturday, November 05, 2011

43-year-old man told he's 'too old to dance'

An Australian Cold Chisel fan has been fined $450 and told he is "too old to dance" after his double fist-pumping moves had him removed from a concert by security guards. Richard Fuller said the 4000-strong crowd at the October 18 concert in Townsville was "cheering him on" as the 43-year-old got out of his seat and danced in the aisles.

"I didn't think I was annoying anyone and everyone was cheering for me," he said. "I was standing up on my chair double fist-pumping, but I didn't want to block people's view ... that's why I went into the aisle. I'd been dancing the whole time but they took me out as the band was finishing. I missed the last song."



Daughter Kristen Fuller said her father's dancing was "legendary". "He was having a good time dancing away. He really didn't do anything wrong," she said. But Fuller didn't go quietly and slapped one of the security guards when he was told to stop.

Magistrate Ross Mack fined Fuller $450 for common assault, did not record a conviction, and gave him some advice about concert etiquette. "You are too old to dance Mr Fuller," he said. "Patrons have come to see the band, not some guy next to them." Fuller said that although he was embarrassed he had no regrets.

2 comments:

WilliamRocket said...

You must all remain in your seats, you shall not move to the music, you are not there to enjoy yourself, just sit and behave. Welcome to the world of stupidity

Miss Liss said...

Geez, close call! I'm 38 and didn't STOP dancing when I saw Cold Chisel at Mudgee... mind you, that was an open air gig. However I'm not sure there's an age limit on dancing though: especially considering the median age of Chisel fans has got to be around 50, he was merely a young'un.