Friday, November 04, 2011

Leopard cat cubs survive after mother abandons them in Cambodian floods

Two tiny leopard cat cubs who were abandoned by their mother during floods in Cambodia have made a full recovery in a local wildlife rescue centre.



Three newborns were found by a fisherman three weeks ago in a hole in Kien Svay district, Kandal province. One of the cubs died but the two surviving females are now being hand-fed milk by a zoo worker.

Sar Roeun said: "I consider these leopard cat cubs like my children. I felt love for these animals when they arrived so I asked the zoo manager to allow me to take care of them and teach me how to treat them properly."


YouTube link.

The 25-year-old takes the cubs home on a daily basis to feed them overnight. Once they are old enough, they will join the rescue centre's six other captive leopard cats. Leopard cats are similar in size to domestic cats and are found across South and East Asia.

No comments: