Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I've never been one for blowing my own trumpet

But hey, yesterday, which was actually the seventh anniversary of me starting this page, not that I thought to mention it, I was featured on Boing Boings's Gweek 036: Grab bag of comics, book, gadgets, apps, and websites we love, hosted by Boing Boing co-founder, Mark Frauenfelder.



While I obviously suggest you listen to the full podcast, this page is discussed at almost exactly 50 minutes in. By my recollection, this is the 6th or 7th time over the past 5 years or so that Mark has gone out of his way to recommend my humble blog, aside from the many links he's posted pointing in this direction from Boing Boing. Thanks Mark!

16 comments:

Shak said...

Congratulations! I truly appreciate this website. Thank you so much for starting it.

SteveC said...

Congrats! Well deserved!!!

Insolitus said...

Good. Quality gets noticed.

Anonymous said...

Congratz! Your website is still the one that I read on a daily basis after so many years and thats saying something.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog every day, and I thank you for all your hard work. May all good things come your way.exhooted

Ratz said...

Happy anniversary! I've long since given up on reading boingboing since there isn't an option to filter out Cory's constant political ranting, but I'm glad to hear you've been mentioned on a site that still gets millions of readers.

Anonymous said...

awesome. keep up the great work

Miss Cellania said...

Congratulations on both the recommendation (I saw that) and the seven year blogiversary!

Frauenfelder said...

You are very welcome, Arbroath! You have brightened many days for me over the years, and I expect you'll brighten many more.


Kind regards,

Mark

Ketzele said...

Mazel Tov!

Nell said...

Congratulations - you deserve all the praise! Hope life is treating you kindly x

MB Cunningham said...

Well-deserved Congratulations and thank you for all your work! Your blog is at the top of my favorites list. Read it daily with a cup of coffee. Favorite part of my day.

sooz said...

Congratulations Kev! You deserve all the praise you're getting. This is the first site I visit every day -- I love it!

marlyn terrell said...

Hurray! And what great timing! Congratulations for the well-deserved attention and happy anniversary, Kev!

rhea said...

Nice Going!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Arbroath! This blog brings me joy on a daily basis, so thankyou :)

Traditional 7th anniversary gifts are wool (UK) or wool/copper (US), or desk sets in modern US.

I therefore present you with a copper desk set, on the back of a sheep!

Many thanks again for years of interesting content :)