Sunday, January 01, 2012

Man in giant banana costume chases and catches suspected thief

A quick-thinking supermarket cashier turned superhero to chase and apprehend an alleged thief while dressed as a giant banana. Checkout worker Luke Summerhayes, 21, was wearing the bright yellow outfit during a festive fancy dress day when the security alarms went off.

Just like cartoon hero Bananaman, he fearlessly gave chase and pursued the suspect through the car park while dressed as the 6ft 7in fruit. He eventually collared the man and police swooped to arrest him.


Photo from SWNS.

Mr Summerhayes, who is also a special constable in the police force, said: “I don’t think the bloke could believe it when he realised who was chasing him. He looked pretty surprised and he didn’t really look like he wanted to argue with me.

“I was just doing my job really, I just heard the alarm go off and ran out of the store in pursuit. Everyone at work found it hilarious – I guess I am the real-life Bananaman. I think it will definitely help towards my training for the force.”

No comments: