Sunday, January 15, 2012

Woman wants ‘seductive damages’ from ex-boyfriend

A Zimbabwean woman whose married lover lied to her that he was single is claiming US$2,000 in what she calls seductive damages. Eustina Marikiti has taken former boyfriend Moses Crater to the Harare Civil Courts seeking damages. “I want US$2,000 as seductive damages because I was in a relationship and we used to be intimate. He didn’t tell me the truth that he was a married man,” said Eustina.

She said she needed US$2000 as compensation for the sexual and emotional abuse she suffered at the hands of Moses. “I suffered a lot sexually and I am still suffering emotionally because of how this man used me,” she said.



Responding to the claims, Moses said, “This woman is my second wife and I love her. When I got into a relationship with her, I told her and she was fully aware that I had another wife and she has even met my first wife,” said Moses.

He went on to disclose to the court that there was bad blood between him and Eustina’s relatives. “Her relatives don’t really like me and I think there are the ones behind this plot. When she took me for introductions to her family, her father threatened to burn me and my brother who was with me,” he said. The presiding magistrate deferred ruling.

No comments: