Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Godzilla the wild turkey stalks woman

A neighbour has stalked Edna Geisler for two months. He lurks in her front yard, screeching at her constantly, even jumping out occasionally and attacking her when she dares wander outside alone. "I'm afraid to go out of my house," said Geisler, 69. "I have to go to the post office at 6 o'clock in the morning to avoid him."



When she returned home with groceries recently, Geisler couldn't get in her front door. "I had to go next door to the neighbours and have him use a push broom to keep him away while I brought the groceries in," Geisler said. Her stalker is a large, mature, tom turkey who believes Geisler's front yard in Commerce Township, Michigan, is his. Geisler said she calls him Godzilla.

Each day at about 7 a.m. he wanders in, coming from nearby woods on state land behind Geisler's home, where a flock of wild turkeys live. Usually, he returns to the woods by about 7 p.m. Around Geisler, he clucks loudly, runs at her and flies in bursts at her torso, usually delivering a sort of fat-feathered chest-bump. One such bump hurt her back; another time he grabbed her with a claw.


YouTube link.

Geisler has tried changing her schedule to outsmart the bird. "I slipped out and he wasn't there, but he was there waiting for me when I got back." Geisler said she is just hoping the bird is gone by summer so she can work in her garden without fear. "Every time I eat turkey I smile," she said. "I'd like to do that to him."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just love. Some people...or turkeys...only know how to show love through violence.

Ratz said...

That beast would find itself with an onion up its bum and in the oven if it kept that up.

Anonymous said...

12 gauge + #2 shot = YUM.

Problem solved.

Anonymous said...

It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Anonymous said...

Ratz, your comment made me choke on my coffee!