Friday, April 20, 2012

Bullied Japanese man learned to run like a monkey

Kenichi Ito may look like any other young man in Tokyo, but he has a rather unusual and world record breaking passion.

Following taunts that he looked like a monkey at school, the 29-year-old spent over eight years learning to run like an African Patas monkey. Ito said: "When I occasionally saw a monkey that could run fast, I knew I'd found it. From that point on, I practised running like a monkey every day."


YouTube link.

His journey has not been smooth: "In the streets around here I get stopped by the police, so I went up into the mountains for about a month for a kind of four-legged running training camp.

"But on the first day, a hunter mistook me for a wild boar, and he tried to shoot me," Ito said. However, his determination paid off, with Ito getting into the record books for the fastest time running 100 metres on all fours, at a pinch under 20 seconds.

No comments: