Saturday, May 26, 2012

Father of six married for 25 years discovers he's really a woman

A man who went to hospital with a kidney stone was stunned when a nurse gave him his results - and revealed that he was actually a woman.

Steve Crecelius, a photographer from Denver, Colorado, was born with both male and female traits and had long repressed his feminine side. But after an ultrasound made the discovery, he no longer lives as a man and goes by 'Stevie' - a move that his wife and their six children support.



'I remember wearing my mom’s clothes and makeup, very secretly, not telling anybody,' Crecelius, who chose to hide behind a male persona,said. But 40 years later, the nurse gave the explanation for his feelings, revealing that he was intersex.

'I had a kidney stone and we’re in the emergency room,' Crecelius said. 'The nurse is reading the ultrasound and says, "Huh, this says you’re a female". It validated everything I had always felt inside.'

Video.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nurses do not read ultrasounds. Sonographers perform ultrasounds that are interpreted by a Radiologist. That is incorrect and reflects badly on the reporters ability to interpret a story. Journalists have sunk to new lows. Great blog my friend. I check it daily. My blog is wwwsonographersblog.blogspot.com Take care of the animals. Gizz