Saturday, May 12, 2012

Man completed entire triathlon while juggling

A US man completed a triathlon in less than two hours - while juggling three balls the entire time. Joe Salter, 31, from Pensacola, Florida, swam a quarter of a mile, biked 16.2 miles and ran four miles.

Mr Salter, who has been juggling since he was eight years old, said it had been a long-standing ambition. "For a long time, it's been a joke among the joggling community," he said. "About 10 months ago, I started training to do it."


YouTube link.

He said the swimming part of the triathlon had been the hardest part of the challenge. "It's difficult and complex," he said. "It takes a lot of work and you're basically just using your legs. Plus, swimming in open water makes it harder. It's not like in a pool.

"I dropped balls three times while I was in the water and I was wondering if I should count them as 'dropped balls' since they just floated on the surface and didn't actually drop. It would have been worse if I had dropped them while biking because it would have been time-consuming to go back and pick them up."

No comments: