Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dishwasher Dave distraught by bar ban

A Newcastle man has spoken of his sadness that his “wild” dancing has seen him barred from his favourite bar. On most weekends Dave Cooper, 48, can be found performing his eye-popping routines in any number of pubs and clubs across the city. His unique style has seen him gain a legion of fans.



But bouncers have banned Dave from his favourite bar Cosy Joes following complaints about his moves. The devastated groover said: “I’m just a crazy dancer. I get called Lethal Weapon by people because I’m wild. I love to dance because I get frustrated with life. I don’t like fighting, I’m not a fighter so I dance.

“Last weekend me and my mates went to go in Cosy Joes, where I’ve been going for ages, but the bouncers wouldn’t let us in. They said they’d had lots of complaints about my dancing because of knocking over people’s drinks and stuff. I have done that in the past and trodden on people’s toes but I always apologise and buy people their drinks back.


YouTube link.

“When I spoke to the manager about it all he told me I was barred because some people who complained said they wouldn’t come back if I was allowed to dance in there. I said that I didn’t just come to dance, I do karaoke as well and the manager said ‘yeah, I know mate, you can’t sing’ but that’s not the point of karaoke." Dave, known affectionately by pals as Dishwasher Dave, claims he developed his dance moves from martial arts training.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was expecting to see cart wheels and dead fish flopping dance moves, but his moves are completely acceptable and dare I say even graceful.

WordyGrrl said...

Ditto! Much better dancing than you'd expect from an old white dude. He's got some talent there!