Thursday, July 05, 2012

Helicopter rescues man stuck in bush

A man had to be winched from a bramble bush on Sunday afternoon by a Search and Rescue helicopter.

The man had been flying a model aircraft near Morte Point in Devon at around 12.50pm when it landed in a bush.



The man went to retrieve the aircraft and became tangled in the brambles. The coastguard and a search and rescue helicopter from Chivenor's 22 Squadron were scrambled to the scene.

The helicopter crew winched the man to the safety. The man was not injured.

2 comments:

SteveC said...

I don't know how entangled he was but seems a bit extreme. I have loads of briars on my property and routinely get stuck. I just free myself.

Gareth said...

That would all depend on the size of the "bush". Up on the moors near us there are bramble bushes that cover huge areas. I've known people venture into them not realizing that while the top of the bush is level the land beneath it may not be. The result is that sometimes people find themselves falling into hidden gulleys. The problem then is that even without the brambles it may be very difficult to climb out, with the brambles it is next to impossible.