Friday, August 03, 2012

Dad buys 10-year-old daughter a zebra for her birthday

A Northern California father bought his daughter an unusual present for her 10th birthday. Brettany Lawton of Newcastle was surprised to walk into her backyard and see a zebra last week. Brettany's 10th birthday isn't until Monday, but that didn't stop her dad, Brett, from going through the measures of tracking down and then purchasing Arumbra, as Brettany affectionately calls her new pet.



"I felt really cool because no one else would get a zebra for their birthday and I felt really excited and really special that my dad got me a zebra because no one else has one and my friends didn't believe me or anything," Brettany said. Ever since Arumbra arrived with his friend, Donkey, the half-mini-horse half-donkey, the pair have had some adjusting to do as they snack on a diet that isn't too different from a horse.

For now, Arumbra and Donkey are confined to half an acre, but Lawton hopes to let the two roam around his property, which is fenced. He said Arumbra's current situation is much better from his previous home in Miami, which he had to be rescued from. Prior to his time in Miami, Arumbra was also featured in an advertisement for a cigar company and later a vodka company. He has also been in a few movies, according to Lawton.


YouTube link.

Now, he's giving a little girl the best birthday ever. Arumbra is only part of Brettany's birthday package, though. She's also heading to Disneyland. "I thought I was sleeping or something because I never thought I would get a zebra, but I did, so it was really cool. He talked about getting a giraffe for a little while but I knew that was never going to happen, but then I got a zebra."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a spoiled brat to me.