Friday, September 28, 2012

Horrified woman found 'furry creature' in Tesco sandwich

A horrified woman bit into a supermarket sandwich –and discovered she had eaten a chunk of a ‘hairy creature’ inside. Katie Crabtree, 31, was shocked to discover what she believes was a small, dead rodent in her pre-packaged sandwich bought from Tesco at Portwood in Stockport. The mother-of-two tucked into the bacon and chicken meal and swallowed a chunk, only to then realise there was a ‘furry object’ inside the bread.



Katie Offerton, said: "I took a bite and saw this big black thing in it, but I thought it was just burned bacon and swallowed it. Then I saw there was something horrible in the sandwich. It was black and had hair – and I could see a little paw. It was horrendous. I felt so sick and now I can’t eat another packaged sandwich because I just think of that horrible thing."

Katie blasted the supermarket giant after following up her initial complaint with the store and head office. Tesco sent an apology letter and said it would investigate, as well as offering her £10 compensation. Katie added: "I chased it up a few times with the store and head office but nobody seemed to know what was happening. In the end they gave me a £10 voucher.



"I think they’ve fobbed me off. They need to find out what happened to this sandwich in case something needs to be done where it was made." But the supermarket chain insisted they were urgently investigating the find. A spokesman for Tesco said: "We take any case of this kind very seriously. Sadly, on this occasion, our food safety procedures didn’t work as they should have done. We have apologised to our customer and are urgently investigating the matter with our supplier."

5 comments:

The Rat King said...

What is it with Tesco over there? Frogs, mice and other wonderful things a usual staple of British cuisine? I mean, I heard stories of how bad it gets, but...

arbroath said...

Heh heh, Tesco have definitely had a few unfortunate food additives as of late.

They are the biggest supermarket group, but whether that's the reason, who knows.

Anonymous said...

They need better quality control

Anonymous said...

You'd think people would figure it out: DON'T BUY FOOD FROM TESCO.

How difficult is that?

KIlgore Trout said...

Why are there so many unproven claims of various "unfortunate food additives"?

Because they are a very successful company with deep pockets.

It is far more likely that the claims are just attempts to cash in.