Thursday, October 04, 2012

Australian lady living in London finds map of homeland in loaf of sourdough bread

It was an otherwise ordinary Monday when Bernadette Cronin headed to the E5 Bakehouse in east London to buy her weekly loaf of sourdough bread.

Looking forward to her morning cuppa, accompanied by a thick slice of toast, Bernadette cut into the seemingly benign block only to reveal the shape of Australia staring back at her.



“I was shocked. I just bought a normal looking loaf. But after I sliced into it, there was my homeland staring right back at me.”

It is all there, from the gentle bulging contours of the Western Australian coastline, to the spiky tip of Cape York Peninsula and the rugged southern coast. All that is missing is a breakaway crust of Tasmania.

2 comments:

NIGEL TABB EXETER said...

LOOKS MORE LIKE CASPER THE GHOST

Anonymous said...

I only see Jesus.