Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Homeless dog shot and hit by car is a survivor

Lady has had quite the life. Veterinarian Karen Johnson believes she’s 10-years-old. So far, her years on this earth haven’t all been pleasant.

“She ran into the middle of the street, my instinct was to run after her,” says Kristell Stout of Roseville, California, who’s been feeding Lady for three years. During that time, Lady has called the streets of Roseville her home. Kristell says she will never forget the first day they met.



“From day one, I fell in love with her and tried my hardest to lookout for her.” Kristell has been feeding Lady five days a week, recently laid off from work she didn’t want to leave Lady behind. Stout called Gary Sawyer a local animal rescuer to help catch the dog. “I called to tell them I was on the way and they told me the dog was hit by a car, we went on a search for it,” says Sawyer.

Once captured Lady was taken to the Johnson Ranch Veterinary Clinic. They performed x-rays and discovered she has been shot with a BB Gun several times. So far Lady’s care is more than $2,000. Kristell Stout says, “I want her to be able to walk away from this with a leg or without a leg.”

Video.

No comments: