Saturday, October 20, 2012

Teenager slept through car crashing into his bedroom

A Norfolk teenager has described how he slept through the moment a car crashed into his bedroom. Ben London, 15, was in bed at his home in Strumpshaw, near Norwich, when the Audi A4 crashed through the wall, sending bricks and rubble flying. However, he escaped with minor injuries and said he only woke up when he heard his mother shouting.



The car has remained embedded in the wall since the crash on Sunday but was due to be removed on Thursday. The crash happened just before 02:00 BST in Beech Drive. "I actually slept through when the car came though," he said. "I was woken up by my mum shouting.

"I couldn't see anything, just white, because the car lights were lighting up the dust and it was just like a big white cloud. At first we didn't know a car had come into the house. We thought there was a fire or that the roof had collapsed, and then when the dust cleared, we could see the car." Ben was protected by a wardrobe door which fell across his bed, and he sustained only cuts and bruises to his legs.



"I feel quite lucky and unlucky, to be honest: lucky that I didn't actually get hurt, unlucky at the fact there was car in my room," he said. I'm also lucky that my room's going to be re-done and I will have all new stuff, so I'm pretty pleased about that." Four people were in the car and one of the occupants was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment for a minor head injury. The driver, 32, was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving. He has been bailed until 25 November.

With news video.

No comments: