Friday, October 26, 2012

Woman charged in relation to sexual abuse of beagle

Police in Waterbury, Connecticut, have arrested a 38-year-old woman on animal cruelty charges after a dog which had been sodomized died. "I am not guilty of even knowing about this, Holy crap," Dawn Dempsey said. "I've just been crying so much and trying to be strong through this." The beagle was sodomized with a candle and Dempsey blames her brother, police said.



"He was on parole and I didn't know that he - and I even checked to see if he was OK around animals," Dempsey said. "His parole officer said yes that's why he could come live here and then I find out the investigator told me he admitted to sodomizing my dog." She says her dog appeared sick and took her to the Mattatuck Veterinary hospital, and said Reilly was a stray.

Police say they were alerted by the veterinary hospital, who said the injuries were so severe they didn't have time to euthanize the beagle and it died in their care. When asked why she reported her as a stray, Dempsey said, "To get her medical attention. I couldn't afford it. Nobody would help me." "This is definitely one of, if not the most serious case of dog abuse that I've seen in my career," Captain Chris Corbett said.


YouTube link.

Capt. Corbett said they do not think Dawn is the attacker, but they say she was a quiet witness. "She was aware of the abuse, she did nothing to prevent it, and she did not bring her dog to the hospital in a timely manner," Capt. Corbett said. Dempsey maintains her innocence. "I did everything I was supposed to do. How could I help this dog?" Dempsey said. Police say more arrests could be on the way. Dempsey is due in court next week.

1 comment:

Candy said...

How 'bout an eye for an eye?