American magician Wayne Houchin suffered severe burns after his head was set alight during a live television show in the Dominican Republic. American Wayne Houchin was in the Dominican Republic to promote his Curiosidades show when he suffered severe burns after a TV chat show host poured burning cologne over his head.
The show's crew rushed onto the set to douse the blaze, and Houchin was taken
to a nearby hospital. After receiving treatment, Houchin said that
he was "in pain but recovering". He went on to describe his his shock at the inicident:
"I was not aware he
was going to do this. This was not a stunt or part of an act
- this was a
criminal attack. The fast actions of the rest of our Curiosidades team saved my life. The
fire was put out and I was rushed to the emergency room. I have bad burns on my head, face, neck and right hand. I am in pain, but am
Contains graphic footage and NSFW language.
He later added: "The doctors are cautiously optimistic that I will fully
recover with no scars." The Aqua de Florida cologne, which Houchin claims was thrown on him, is
reportedly used by shamen and witch doctors in the Caribbean as a voodoo