Saturday, January 12, 2013

Rugby player unable to travel abroad with team because his puppy ate his passport

A Welsh rugby star has had to pull out of an important match in France after his puppy chewed up his passport. Jason Tovey, 23, was all packed and ready to go to the airport to fly to Toulon to play for Cardiff Blues when he found his ruined passport.



The outside half's Labrador puppy Buster had even left his teeth marks on the passport, which now has gaping holes in it. "It's a bit like the old schoolboy excuse that the dog ate my homework," he said.

"Buster is always chewing things but usually it's my sock and shoes," said Tovey. "As soon as I saw the passport I thought I'd never get through airport security with it. I was dreading telling my team coach, I didn't think anyone would believe."



Tovey was due to play in the Heineken Cup match against Toulon later today, but will instead have to watch the game on the television.

2 comments:

SteveC said...

Nice picture he took there. Could someone now steal his identity?

Anonymous said...

I thought about that, too, but his passport number got chewed off.