Wednesday, February 20, 2013

TV weatherman passed out live on air during stunt plane flight

Australian weatherman Grant Denyer found out the hard way what eight G-Forces does to the uninitiated, passing out cold on air during yesterday morning's broadcast.

As shocked Sunrise co-host Mel Doyle watched on via a satellite hook-up, Denyer was taken through his paces by Australian stunt fighter pilot Matt Hall who obliged when Denyer asked that he wanted to know what eight G-Force felt like. A typical person can handle about 5-G before losing consciousness though modern pilots can typically handle a sustained 9-G forces.


YouTube link.

"My whole body just started to feel all warm and cosy to be honest,'' Denyer later said. "I had no idea I passed out. But I was out for about six or seven seconds.'' Such was the gravitational force, Seven's camera equipment also failed as Doyle scrambled to re-gather live on-air.

"It was a bit spooky, watching it back,'' Denyer said later. "Poor Mel didn't know whether I was dead or what was going on. I'm very glad I didn’t throw up. If you throw up you have to clean the cockpit so I'm grateful I avoided that.''

No comments: