Saturday, March 16, 2013

Farmer confused by birth of two-legged goat

Soft-hearted farmer Hazbija Mujkovic has spared this two-legged goat from the slaughterhouse after raising the kid when its mum rejected it. Hazbija was astonished when the baby goat was born on his farm in Novi Pazar, Serbia, to a perfectly normal mother and ram.



"As a farmer I'm not supposed to be sentimental but I couldn't help myself when I saw this little thing," he explained. "His mother refused to feed him so I took over with milk in a bottle and he seems to be thriving.

"My family has been raising goats for generations and we've never seen anything like this," he added. Now Hazbija has appealed to scientists to come forward to tell him why his goat was born with no front legs.


YouTube link.

Some experts say it is probably a genetic condition while others suggest it could have been caused by chemical pollution. "I just want her to be healthy and happy and when she's a bit older I'll fix up some wheels and a small walking frame for her to get about on," said Hazbija.

No comments: