Friday, March 08, 2013

Girl has nightmares after finding hairy lump in mum’s lasagne

Seven-year-old Shani Stock was horrified when she was eating her mum’s homemade lasagne and found a grisly hairy lump lurking inside. She immediately pushed her plate away and refused to eat another bite of the meal – made with a £3 bag of frozen mince from Iceland.



Mum Trudy, 29, of Elson, Gosport, Hampshire, is concerned as her daughter, already a fussy eater, now refuses to eat much else apart from crisps and picks through any meals she does agree to eat. Shani says she has suffered nightmares over her shock discovery. She said: ‘I felt sick when I saw it – I can’t eat my dinner properly now.’ Trudy said: ‘I thought it was a spider – the way it was in the mince.

‘It wasn’t until my auntie wiped it off that we saw it properly. It’s completely traumatised her now, if it was me I wouldn’t be bothered so much. She was in buckets of tears. She was enjoying it until she found that and burst out crying.’ Trudy saved the item, which Iceland says is thought to be part of a cow’s hind, and returned it to the store in Gosport. Staff at the store disposed of it and did not send it away to be tested.



Trudy said the item must have come from the bag of mince from the supermarket chain. She said: ‘I buy frozen mince as my daughter doesn’t like fresh for some reason. Now she won’t eat any mince at all. Anything I cook she asks “mum has it got anything in it?” and is rummaging around in it.’ Iceland has investigated and sent Trudy £30 of vouchers. Representatives from the firm told her the product will be investigated.

2 comments:

Candy said...

GAG!

Anonymous said...

Um yuck 0.0