Pooing toddlers shut a new £9 million Scottish swimming pool three times in 12 days. Dainty deposits from young swimmers at Montrose Sports Centre led to officials repeatedly closing pools due to “unforeseen circumstances” last month.
Angus Council was forced to shut the main pool on May 18 after users reported a suspect floater in the water. Just when they thought it was safe to go back in the water, a further two episodes of unexpected ejection struck on May 22 and 30.
A spokeswoman for Angus Council said: “In each of these instances, to protect public safety the pool was closed in line with the facility’s normal operating procedures and industry recommendations. During the closures the level of chlorine was increased and the water was filtered for a minimum of eight hours. Bathers were able to use the other pools as they were unaffected.
“We would like to take this opportunity to remind pool users that swimming nappies are available from reception and that simple hygiene procedures including showering with soap before entering the pool must be adhered to at all times. Customers are also reminded that they should refrain from using the pools for at least 48 hours when they have been unwell.”