Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thieves stole entire shed leaving behind all the contents

An allotment holder is baffled after thieves stole his entire shed but left all his tools behind. Nick Thomas, 51, was stunned to discover a gang had lifted the battered wooden shelter off its foundations during a daring night-time raid. The shed is thought to be worth around £40, but the thieves left all his spades, forks and other gardening equipment.

Self-employed gardener Nick, of Bishop’s Cleeve, Gloucestershire, said he cannot understand why anyone would want to steal an old shed. He said: “I was really shocked when I heard about it, and I’ve only had an allotment for about a year. I’m not sure how much the thieves will get for the shed, it shouldn’t be too much, I think only about £40 to £50.



“It was one of the better sheds in the allotments, but I still can’t believe they have taken the entire shed.” Nick said: “The police phoned up and I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t have much in it, just normal gardening stuff like spades and forks, I did not have any electrical tools or anything expensive in it. Maybe that’s why they left the stuff there. I’m not sure how they even got the shed out.”

Nick was left with all his gardening equipment, plant pots and watering cans, but no shed to keep the rain off. The thieves also poured disinfectant over his vegetable patch in a spiteful attack on his sprouts. He said: “I had been growing broccoli, sprouts and other cabbage plants, but they are now all ruined.” Nick is undeterred by the theft, adding: “I’m not going to give up, but what can you do? There is nothing, but we cannot just give in.”

No comments: