Saturday, July 20, 2013

Man followed by seagulls for about a mile says it was the most frightening experience of his life

A man who says he has been attacked by seagulls and forced to run off in panic has called for the birds' nests to be removed. Keith Lee said he had been repeatedly targeted by a flock of the gulls whilst walking on a cycle path in Hull.



He described the attacks near Hedon Road in east Hull as the most frightening experiences of his life. Mr Lee said the attacks had made him scared to use the pathway, which passes by an industrial estate. "It started off actually with one," he said.

"The next minute they all came from the docks on Hedon Road. My legs turned to jelly. They were all making the same noise. So in my panic I ran across Hedon Road and they followed me for about a mile down the road. The lorries were passing and I think that's what saved me."



In a second attack Mr Lee said he deterred the birds by flapping his arms. He said that owners of the buildings on the industrial estate should remove the nests from their roofs.

No comments: