Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunbathing pensioner reported to police for being inappropriately dressed by neighbour

A pensioner who donned a bikini top to sunbathe in her garden was contacted by police after a neighbour complained. Euphemia Holdingbarnes, 70, was strolling in her paddock at her home in Fulking, West Sussex, wearing a bikini top and long skirt on Tuesday - when temperatures reached the mid-twenties.

But a neighbour decided her outfit was inappropriate - and reported her to the police. She said: “I was walking the boundary as you have to do with a paddock. My neighbour called the police for being indecently clothed - I have been reported for being in a bikini top on my own land. I was only wearing a bikini top and a long skirt down to my ankles.



“I was having a lovely time and then got a call from a police officer. I just thought it was so ridiculous. Indecently attired in a bikini - I mean, what next?” She said disagreements with neighbours have continued for about two years - but had hit a new low with this week's complaint. Ms Holdingbarnes said: “There have been a big long list of things which have happened.

“But to actually report me to the police for wearing a bikini top, I mean, good lord. It's such a bizarre thing to do, especially considering we have been having such hot weather.” A Sussex Police spokesman said: “We received a call from a neighbour on Wednesday 24 July, complaining that a woman who lives in Fulking was dressed inappropriately. However there is no suggestion that the woman has committed any criminal offence and police are taking no action.”

2 comments:

Gareth said...

I think the neigbour should be prosecuted for wasting police time. Petty feuds with neighbours are one thing, but involving the police for no reason is taking things to a ridiculous level.

Ravan Asteris said...

The neighbor should get sued for harassment. He really needs to MHOFB