Thursday, August 08, 2013

Angry golfers stage grammatically incorrect protest

Angry members of a Lancashire golf club say they have been left in ‘limbo’ after it was sold off to Wigan Athletic.

The players from Charnock Richard Golf Club near Chorley fear the course could close before the end of the season, despite paying annual subscription fees of £625 that would take them to December.



They are now calling for answers from the football club, who have revealed plans to develop the site into their new academy and training ground. President of the club John Sinclair said: “I’m sick as a parrot.

“We have more than 100 members at the club and we have all been left in limbo with nobody telling us what is happening. We have put a poster up saying ‘save our club'. It’s a very sorry state of affairs.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It says "Save r golf club" so what?

Mildly interesting, but incorrect?
Did I miss something?

arbroath said...

I can only assume you live in a txt spk world.

They are missing two vowels.

The word is 'our'.

Save our golf club.

Does SOS mean save r souls?

WilliamRocket said...

Language evolving is an unstoppable tide, however, some guidance should be applied. I have intelligent grown up friends whom, in what I can only interpret as an attempt to appear cool to their offspring, text me messages with such ineptitudes as "2day" and "u". I delete their numbers.
My daily battle is with my Mac computer
As I have always had issues with spelling words correctly (think less of me if you wish, but I can draw far, far better than you, nahna nahna nah nahna), I allow the spell check feature to survive, and even though it is set on UK English (the closest to NZ English) it still has a few words that it autocorrects into an American spelling.
One day when I have time, I will find an appropriate hammer and remedy the situation.
Globalisation has no Z. Herb is pronounced similar to hospital....and now I have to stop as I am getting agitated !