Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Male breast masseur helps new mothers produce milk

A man in China has taken on the predominately female profession of helping new mothers to produce breast milk for their babies. 29-year-old Yang Jun is one of only three registered breast masseurs in the country.

He said: "At the beginning, my family didn't understand why I chose this for a living, and my girlfriend opposed my work when she found out I would touch other women's bodies.


YouTube link.

"But I persuaded them that it's a noble profession and important to new mothers who desperately want to produce milk." Only 28 percent of infants under six months are breastfed in China, far fewer than in many other countries.

Yang believes many more new mothers will turn to masseurs like him for help breastfeeding their babies.

1 comment:

Brixter said...

Women pay him to do that?