Saturday, August 10, 2013

Siblings held hostage in house for four days by evil seagulls

A brother and sister say they were too scared to leave their home in Bridlington, East Yorkshire, because of "evil" seagulls. Penny Freeman, 69, and her brother, Jim Fudge, 67, claim they could not leave their home for four days due to two aggressive seagulls guarding their chick. Mrs Freeman said: “For four days I was held hostage in this house by two seagulls looking after a baby. It was terrifying for me, absolutely terrifying.

“I felt like a prisoner. The washing stayed on the line for four days.” The gulls, whose chick had fallen into Penny’s garden from their nest on her roof, would squawk and behave defensively whenever Penny or her brother stepped into the garden. “I was frightened to death. I was held hostage. A little old lady being terrorized by a seagull - it is not on is it?” she said. “They would peck on the French windows and would come over all defensive if we ever dared to step outside.



“Our cats were also too afraid to go out into the back garden.” Mrs Freeman says it is not just she and her brother who have been victims of the angry seagulls. She said: “The gentleman next door couldn't let his children play out in the back garden because of them. He tried to shoo them away with a broom, but they are very evil things. It comes to something when even children cannot play in their own garden.”

“They are like lizards, they are raptors and they have nasty scaly feet. I find them very threatening. Why should we be dictated to by a bird?” Mrs Freeman is now calling for action from the East Riding of Yorkshire Council. She said: “I would like to see some sort of government help and advice for helping to keep them off your roof.”

There's a video interview with Mrs Freeman here.

3 comments:

Ratz said...

Gosh, it's all go in bridlington. Maybe they're after the leather trousers but have the wrong address

arbroath said...

Heh heh, it is!

It's been a real hive of activity!

Anonymous said...

I was being terrorized by a magpie a couple of years ago.It was not protecting any young but i guess it just didn't like me for it's own reasons.Council did nothing despite my pleas.I was a blithering mess for months in my own garden.One morning i whacked it out of the bloody air and killed it stone dead.The end.