Saturday, August 17, 2013

Woman found part of mouse jaw in her muesli

A Swedish woman has been left infuriated by retailer Ica offering her only 20 kronor (£2, $3) in compensation after she found part of a mouse jaw in her morning muesli.

"Hi Ica! This morning I found teeth in your own brand Ica organic muesli," Veronica Hammare, 22, wrote on the company's Facebook page. "To find teeth in your muesli is more than revolting, especially as I didn't just find them in the muesli but in my mouth!"



Yet the large-scale retailers responded to her complaint in a manner which Hammare, from Stockholm, found far too lukewarm. "When I called your customer service they told me I'd be compensated for the muesli," she continued. "So I'll get as much as 20 kronor because I bought your product and ended up with animal teeth in my mouth?"

Hammare, meanwhile, said she did not accept that Ica would only offer her money back for the actual muesli. "I do not accept that compensation. SO GOD DAMN GROSS, ICA!" the 22-year-old wrote on Facebook. Ica has now said that Hammare will get additional compensation, but did not specify how much.

No comments: