Friday, September 06, 2013

Pensioner appeals for return of his artificial nose after losing it during trip to dentist

A pensioner from Alweston in Dorset whose life was transformed by an artificial nose is appealing for help after losing it on a trip to the dentist.

Cyril Osment, 83, realised the appendage was missing when he returned home after going to the dentist in Westbury, Sherborne, on Monday morning.



He said the artificial nose, created by staff at Salisbury District Hospital after he developed skin cancer, said the device had been held in place by magnets. But it had recently started to come off at times and he fears the magnets had begun to fail.

He said: “I’m just hoping someone sees it and I get it back. It was one of the most wonderful things for me, having this done. I am hoping I can get another one. People are already asking me what’s happened to me nose. I feel so sorry about it all.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the epitome of weird news. Good job finding it, Arbroath.

WilliamRocket said...

Arbroath nose where to look.