Monday, October 14, 2013

Owner selling emerging canine artist's designer-chewed shoe

Terrence Nowlin from Rose Hill in Lee County, Virginia,was surprised and quite impressed when he realized his dog Jack had chewed through approximately a third of one of his shoes.



Jack is known for being a chewer, Nowlin said, but this particular incident was a little different, and he was too surprised to be upset about losing a left foot to a $200 pair of Cole Haan wingtips. Nowlin calls Jack's work an accomplishment. "I was on the phone with my mom when I looked down and noticed that the shoe had been chewed. I was in shock.



"I just said, 'Oh my God.' I truly couldn't believe that he was physically able to do that to the shoe," Nowlin said. "And he didn't leave a scrap to be found. Just the shoe. My mom asked what was wrong and I couldn't tell her. I just said, 'I have to send you a picture of this. I can't do it justice to describe it.' I couldn't be mad because it was quite the chewing accomplishment."



Nowlin said he adopted Jack about a year ago from the Culpeper County animal shelter after finding the Dalmatian mix on Petfinder. Nowlin has now posted Jack's first work of art on eBay under the title "Half-Chewed Cole Haan Wingtip by Emerging Canine Artist, Left Shoe, Size 11.5D." So far, he has received a bid of $150.

1 comment:

BoS said...

Why did I become a misanthrope? Hmm, lemme think...