Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cat returned to owner after thieves caught on CCTV

A cat who was captured on camera being taken near his York home has been reunited with his owner following a public appeal.



CCTV footage caught the moment Busby was taken from near his home in Holgate. Two people spent time stroking him before seemingly looking around and then picking him up and walking away from Springfield Court last Friday.

After The Press in York posted the video on their Facebook page, it was widely shared online, prompting the man who took Busby to return him. Delighted owner Chris Howson said he was called by the man and arranged to meet him in a York street on Thursday afternoon when Busby was handed back to him.


YouTube link.

Mr Howson said: “He told me he didn’t think he had a home. I don’t believe him but I didn’t really want to stand around and have a chat, I wanted to get him home. I’m grateful he has done the right thing. I want to thank everyone who has helped. I cannot believe the response.” He said ten-year-old Busby – who is very popular and well known locally – seemed nervous but was unharmed.

No comments: