Saturday, November 16, 2013

Woman lost wedding rings while changing cockatoo's diaper

A woman from Chesterfield, Virginia, who lost her wedding rings believed they were gone forever, but thanks to a good Samaritan that's not how this story ends. Pamela Brun said she took her vehicle to the Sheehy Ford on Midlothian Turnpike on Wednesday to get a repair. At the time, she had her pet cockatoo, Zack, with her.



She says Zack goes everywhere with her. Pamela has had the pet bird for 23 years and takes him to the grocery and to concerts where he is kept in a baby carrier because his legs and wings are disabled. The cockatoo also wears diapers that need to be changed four times a day. When Pamela dropped off her truck at the dealership, she went straight to the restroom and the baby changing table.

She says she took her weddings off, set them down on the baby changing table and then left without putting them back on. "When I got home I didn't have them and I flipped out," said Pamela. "Because what a day to lose your rings right?" Before she went to the Ford dealership, Brun had dropped her husband off at Chippenham Hospital for open heart surgery.



"I would think it's a horrible omen: you lose your wedding rings on the day your husband is having open heart surgery," she said. At first, Sheehy employees couldn't find the rings but finally someone turned them in anonymously. Brun has a message for the person who gave back her wedding rings. "I wish I knew who did this because I'd like to say from the bottom of my heart, thank you."

With news video.

No comments: