Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Artist achieves dream of painting underwater

Wearing scuba diving gear Peruvian artist Pascual Mimbela dives into the Pacific waters of Talara province with his brushes, spatulas, oils and canvases.



Mimbela paints the colourful fish he sees glide by, as well as the reefs and other aquatic sea life. He said he became fascinated with the sea when he was a child, and dreamt of one day painting from the ocean floor.



"All my life I've painted boats, fish, beaches and waves. But this time, I decided to take it further," he said. "I wanted to do something different. I wanted to see for myself, with my own eyes the depths of the sea," he added.


YouTube link.

Mimbela's artwork went on display on 15 January in the town square of Los Organos. He says he wants his artwork to raise awareness about the importance of protecting and respecting marine life.

No comments: