Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Woman wants to legally change name to Sexy

An woman who hates her name is to ask a judge to legally change her name to Sexy. Ranea Crabtree of Pataskala, Ohio refuses to use the name her parents gave her - Sheila. “I absolutely hate it,” she says.

“I think it’s really ugly.” Crabtree has gone by her middle name since she was a teenager, and now, as the mother of two teenage girls herself, she’s ready to dump Sheila.



On Feb. 11, she will stand in front of a Licking County judge and ask him to change her name to Sexy Crabtree. “I wear Victoria’s Secret clothes all the time,” said Crabtree, who doesn’t want you to know how old she is. “I was like, ‘Shoot, I’ll just go for Sexy.’”

The process is fairly simple: Fill out a form, pay a court fee ($108 in Franklin County; $87 in Licking), pay for a notice in a local newspaper at least 30 days before the hearing, and then go to that hearing and plead your case. Hearings are usually brief, and most name changes are approved. If the name Sexy isn't approved Crabtree says she may opt for Sparkle.

5 comments:

SteveC said...

So 'Sexy' lives in Licking?

No disrespect, but both names are ridiculous. I might add that one of my horses used to be named Sparkles

Patty O'Heater said...

She'd better get ready for plenty of prosecutions under the false advertising/trade descriptions acts.

soubriquet said...

She'd better get ready for a lot of laughter and snorts of disbelief too.

Anonymous said...

What a great example she's setting for the teens. Can you imagine one of them having to introduce their mom to somebody? I wouldn't want to go by Mrs. Crabtree, but it's better than having my kids introduce me as Sexy.

Candy said...

LOL! NO. The shoe doesn't fit.