Saturday, February 01, 2014

Civic leaders outraged at young tractor driver who caused large puddle ‘tsunami’

Angry civic leaders in Whitchurch, Shropshire have described a young man who drove his tractor through water which had flooded the road underneath a railway bridge as irresponsible. Travelling at speed the driver went straight through the water creating a huge wave.



His friend narrowly avoided getting soaked as he captured it all on video. The friends are then heard laughing with the area drenched in water. Mayor of Whitchurch Councillor Rob Hewson said: “It’s about time the lads that drove that tractor grew up. You cannot behave like that on a well-used road. I think they are very irresponsible and very childish. Anything could have happened.

“They could have skidded and gone into the bridge or they could have gone under the bridge and completely lost control. The size of the wave it caused was incredible. If you drive at that speed in that amount of water you are never in control. I don’t know why they decided to do it, it’s disgusting behaviour.”


YouTube link. Alternative video without sound.

Peggy Mullock, Shropshire councillor for Whitchurch North, said: “I just hope they haven’t done any damage to the area surrounding the bridge. The splash the tractor made is incredible. Surely there is a better way for these youngsters to spend their time. There must be a better way to clean your tractor.”

2 comments:

WilliamRocket said...

I reckon these councillors are regretting their mis-spent youth, they obviously had no fun when young and are now firmly against anyone having a better time than they.
Puddle, splash, bridge.
Unless the bridge piers are made from bread I don't see how there is a problem.
Of course, I am 57 years old and still drive through puddles at 'reckless' speeds, so maybe I am subnormal.

Allicat said...

Wheeee! Looks like fun. And you're pretty average to me William; I'm 48 and I still do it too.