Sunday, March 16, 2014

Woman resorted to crime then begged to be arrested in order to get husband's attention

An Italian woman resorted to crime after her husband spent more time looking at his laptop than he did at her. A few days ago the mother of two from Bergamo stole a pensioner’s wallet then immediately turned herself in at the police station and begged to be arrested.

The 32-year-old had reached the end of her tether after her husband spent all day on the internet, allegedly chatting to other women. “Arrest me,” she said. “I want my husband to know I exist.” She warned police that if they refused to arrest her she “would fill the police station with stolen wallets.”



The officers checked for signs of domestic violence that the woman might have been trying to escape, and then yielded to her request. “There were no signs of domestic abuse. The woman just thought: if they put handcuffs on me, my husband might wake up,” an officer said.

She repeated the story in front of a judge, adding that after arguing with her husband, she left the house and decided to commit a crime because his behaviour had affected her honour as a woman. If convicted, the woman faces four months in jail. At this stage, it is not known if her attention-seeking tactic has had the desired affect on her husband.

1 comment:

Dunex said...

Taking top off ussualy catches my attention