Sunday, April 20, 2014

Family's car caught fire in middle of lion enclosure

A family was left with nowhere to run when their car caught fire in the lion enclosure at Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire on Friday. Rangers managed to rescue Helen Clements and her two children from the vehicle before it burst into flames.

Visitor George Lear, who saw the drama unfold, said: "The lions just kept their distance and didn't take their eyes off the fire and smoke.

"The rangers were pushing them back but they were reluctant on moving away as they looked interested." Mr Lear said: "The car slowly caught fire and then the whole thing went up leaving the place filled with black smoke."

YouTube link.

Kevin Ashley, from the safari park, said the lions were cleared from the enclosure and the park was closed. He said the fire was put out quickly and no visitors or animals were hurt.

There's an interview with Mrs Clements at the link.

No comments: