A 33-year-old man from Mandan, North Dakota , accidentally set himself on fire after a bizarre incident near a petrol station. Police say David Kissee was under the influence of meth and believed police had sprayed him with chemicals.
Kissee thought his skin was burning. To take care of that feeling he poured petrol on himself.
Kissee then decided to smoke a cigarette and inadvertently set himself on fire.
The report says Kissee then ran through the carwash to put out the fire.
A witness saw him steal a car and called police.
Reports say he was driving as fast as 80-miles-per-hour through town.
Kissee eventually ditched the car and entered a home.
Officers found him at the bottom of the steps with 2nd and 3rd degree burns on much of his body.
He was eventually flown to Regions Burn Center in St. Paul to be treated.
Captain Dave Wilkie says Kissee hasn't been officially charged yet, but faces seven counts including ingestion of a controlled substance, theft of a motor vehicle and criminal trespassing.
With news video.