Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Man finds Jesus holding lamb on apple

A man in Albuquerque, New Mexico, has found what he claims to be a miracle in his mother's kitchen. An apple with an image of Jesus on it. David Duran said: "This is the first time I've ever seen this on a piece of fruit or any type of vegetable."



The image Duran sees is Jesus holding a lamb. Duran is certainly not the only one transfixed by this piece of fruit, saying that a priest at a local Albuquerque church has blessed and anointed the apple and that neighbours have been coming to see it.

“There’s the hair,” David said, tracing shades and shadows of red and orange and yellow on the apple’s skin. “There’s like the face and then his robe around here and then right in the middle you can see like a figure of a lamb, see – like he’s holding a lamb.”


YouTube link.

“Maybe it’s a sign from the Lord that maybe we need to change our ways and maybe look at things to be more positive in this world,” David says. “Like helping our fellow neighbours and being good to people.”

6 comments:

Piers "Morgan" Moron said...

This could only be America. Land of the gullible. It looks like the head of a barn owl if it looks like anything at all

fred said...

I thought it looked like a barn owl too. However---and I don't mean to be contentious -- I do get a little sick of all the American bashing comments and the attitude that it's acceptable. Plenty of weird news and silly people from all over the globe.

Shak said...

I saw this last week. I cannot see anything in this apple. This guy is a nutter.

Williamrocket said...

I like to bash the Americans too, but realise it is unfair, some of them are actually alright.
I am red/green colour defective (notice I spelt colour the non American, correct way ? bash, bash) and had problems telling which traffic light was on, back in the days before l.e.d. ones, and see naff all on the apples skin, but if anything I think it may be Harry Potter holding his owl, in a way no boy should hold an owl. Ha, last month I had a couple of attractive young women at my door asking if they could help me in any way (mind out of the gutter, please), when it became apparent that they were promoting the Jesus loves you story, I asked them if they believed in Harry Potter and did they want to see my wand … no, that's not true, I was trying to be funny… and did they believe in magic. Their faces fell somewhat and they didn't hang around for long at all.
I wonder if the apple image goes to the core…or is like most god botherers I know and only goes skin deep ?

Anonymous said...

Hah! I see it as a barn owl too!

Barbwire said...

I think this guy is really stretching it. I think even the barn owl is a stretch, although it's closer. And yes, we really do have more than our fair share of nutters here in the good old USA. Unfortunately, they vote, too.