Thursday, July 24, 2014

The whole of Middlesbrough smells of fish

There's something fishy going on in Teesside.



Shoppers have been cutting trips short. And pets are being blamed for producing a noxious odour.

Twitter users have been sharing their experiences about the fishy smell that's hit the area.



It has been reported in areas including Linthorpe, Acklam, Thornaby, Billingham, Ingleby Barwick, Yarm and Middlesbrough town centre. The emergency services and Public Health England are unaware of any incidents that may have caused the smell.

4 comments:

Annemarie said...

Makes a change from it normally smelling of
parmos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmo

arbroath said...

I'd never heard of that before!

I wondered if it was to do with whatever the ICI plants are known as these days.

How are things?

Annemarie said...

I was born in Mbro and have never ever had a parmo.They are are usually dayglo orange which is rather offputting.
I suppose that smell could be coming from any of the heavy industry that still surrounds the place.
I went throgh there last month and it certainly smells different from Somerset.
Im fine thank you, got a new (to me) laptop so am able to browse again :)
Hope things are ok with you

arbroath said...

They certainly don't look very appetising.

I'm glad you've got yourself a new computer!

It's great to hear from you again. :)