Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Lady says stray cat provided her with words from beyond the grave to write book of poetry

A sorry looking stray cat that came to unfortunate end has become an unusual inspiration for poetry writing grandmother Dawn Minall, from Paulton in Somerset. Dawn, 62, first spotted Hero the tabby when he arrived out of the blue at her horse stables in Timsbury in 2006. Won over by his gentle nature she began to feed and care for the emaciated cat and was heartbroken when he had to be put down after being kicked by one of her horses.

Dawn didn’t think too much about the cats passing till she says he began to communicate with her in the months after his death using poems and verses. She said: “I would be out in the garden or with the animals and a poem would just pop into my head and I would know it was from him. It may sound strange to some people but over time he wrote hundreds of poems that went through all the emotions from sadness and anger to peace.



“I knew the poems had not come from me because they were very different from my usual writing style. He even told me things I didn’t know about myself.” At the time she promised Hero that she would one day publish his poems and has just managed to fulfil her promise the book My Hero. The poetry book has 150 pages of poems which Dawn believes were passed to her from the cat to prove to people there is life after death.

For some, a tale of speaking to the dead may sound incredible, but for Dawn it what she needed to prove to her something she says has been part of her life for as long as she can remember. She added: “Hero's words were confirmation of a long held belief that there is life after death, just in a different form and dimension.”

No comments: