Friday, September 05, 2014

School building caught fire during fire drill

A routine school fire drill in Cincinnati turned into the real thing on Tuesday evening.

The Fire Department said one of its ladder companies was finishing up the drill with students at God's Bible School and College at around 7:30pm when one of the firefighters saw black smoke coming from the roof.

The firefighters went inside and found smoke on the the third floor and called for a full fire response. The fire was found and brought under control within 15 minutes of the discovery.

The cause of the fire was an electrical problem in a bathroom exhaust fan on the third floor. Damage was estimated at $5,000. No injuries were reported.

No comments: