Saturday, December 06, 2014

Errant piglet rescued from sea by RSPCA

A piglet has been rescued after tumbling down a cliff and swimming out to sea off the Suffolk coast. The animal was reportedly stuck on a cliff at Covehithe, but when RSPCA staff arrived it had scrambled down to the beach and was heading into the sea.



Inspector Jason Finch said the animal seemed "unfazed" as it splashed in the waves. "I thought he was heading to France," he said. Mr Finch waded in and returned the adventurous piglet to its owner.

"I have never seen anything like it. I couldn't believe it when he darted straight into the sea like that," Mr Finch said."He was completely unfazed by the bubbling surf and was in the water upwards of 10 minutes. He became a tiny black dot in the distance.



"I was just wondering whether I would have to dive in myself when he started swimming in the more shallow end of the surf, so I just ran in and grabbed him. He was safe and sound and in good health, in fact he did not even seem puffed out. Far fitter than many I know," he added.

No comments: