Thursday, December 11, 2014

Package thief tricked into stealing box full of dog poo

After falling victim to thieves who stole packages off their front porch several times, a Northeast Washington D.C. couple decided to teach them a lesson.



At about 3pm on Friday, surveillance footage caught a man walking up and down in front of their home, before stealing their package and taking off. The caught-on-camera incident marked the third package taken from their yard since October. “Obviously, it made me really mad,” said the woman, who is not being identified.

“I worked hard, saved my money, bought something and then it was just gone.” Angry, she and her boyfriend decided to place a fake package outside, and to move the camera so they could get a better angle if the robber hit again. He did on Monday, but this time, he got away with a box filled with dog faeces.


YouTube link.

“I had originally wanted to put a note in the box that said, ‘Surprise!’” the woman said. Others in the neighbourhood laughed when they heard what the couple had done. The homeowners said they saw a white pick-up truck passing by in both videos. They have filed a police report and will now be handling the delivery of their packages differently.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck, I would have put the dog poo pieces into a empty plastic box used for eclairs and put a squirt of whipped cream on top of every one.

Okay, maybe I'm just evil.

Lurker111

arbroath said...

Heh heh!

Ratz said...

My aunt died a while back and I burnt all her bank details in the back garden. Dad and I shoved all the hot ash into an old suitcase; it was so full I had to stand on the lid whilst he did the clasps. We dumped it on the skip at the front of the house.

As we were having a cuppa in the front room no more than 10 minutes later we could see a guy come along, grope through the skip, feel the weight of the suitcase, look around furtively and make off with the suitcase. There's no way in hell that could have ever been opened cleanly. I can only imagine they took it home and tried to open it on their bed.

arbroath said...

Haha! :)