Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Shoppers tried to help rat that visited beauty department of store

Shoppers at a Bedford store were surprised last Tuesday lunchtime when a rat scuttled into the beauty department.



Eyewitnesses say the rodent ran into the cosmetics and beauty area of the Debenhams store at around 1.30pm scaring a number of people before a member of staff cornered it in what is thought to be a storage cupboard.

One shopper said: "I was shocked when a rat scampered past me as I was going into Debenhams. A few of the sales staff ran away but some of the customers actually stood there and tried to help it.


YouTube link.

"The security guard told myself and another customer to stop filming. The rat then went into one of the store rooms and a sales girl closed the door behind it." It is not known what happened to the rat or where it came from. Debenhams have not commented on the situation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I am constantly hearing people say that we no longer have the right to privacy and anyone can be filmed without their permission, it bugs me when some cop, or in this instance, a plastic cop (security guard) tells someone to stop filming. If you tell me to stop filming it can only mean you're up to no good and you don't want to be caught.